Sunday, March 11, 2007

Adult Books

Adult books still pour in. Ooh, that didn't sound right--how about books for adults?

And because I couldn't refuse them, (some of them are true classics) lest the books are thrown away, I found a contact to donate them to Philippine prisons and correctionals.

"UHF provides literacy & art classes every 2nd & 4th Monday of the month at the Mandaluyong City Jail where we have former UHF youth and/or fathers of UHF kids. The jails have only Bibles to read, not that it's a bad thing. If you want, you can also send books to them through UHF," my friend, treasurer of Unang Hakbang Foundation (UHF) for street children in Mandaluyong told me.

Here is a slew of books for adults from my badminton friends, Joji and Ana K. She sent me great magazines, too! Many thanks to all of you. I will update you with pictures when the books get to Manila.





For my friends in the Philippines, please advise me if you know of an organization or prison/correctional, and elementary school that is in need of books. And for my friends and relatives in the States, please continue to put away your used children's books. I am gathering books for a shipment in May.

God bless your generous hearts always!